This is an exciting and challenging Orthopedic Medical Assistant/ Orthopedic
Tech(OTC) role assisting providers and other members of the health care
team in clinic by performing a variety of back office and patient-related
tasks to ensure smooth work flows within the department and an excellent
experience for the patient. We are seeking a positive, energetic team-player
that enjoys providing outstanding customer service. This position requires
multi-tasking, strong communication and people skills, accuracy, attention
to detail and strong attendance record.
This position performs a variety of patient care procedures within the
Ortho Tech / Medical Assistant (MA) scope of practice. Responsibilities
include but are not limited to:
- Manage patient care flow by rooming patients in a timely manner, assuring
x-rays are completed and informing physician when patient is ready to be seen.
- Perform a broad spectrum of duties including pre-visit preparation, assisting
with the patient visit, and post-visit duties
- Remove sutures, staples, Steinman pins and K-wires
- Change dressing and care for wounds.
- Apply, adjust and remove casts.
- Assist with aspirations, prepare injections (set up ultrasound)
- Blood drawing for PRP injections if certified
- Measure and fit patients for braces and other orthopedic devices.
- Order medical supplies and manage DME inventory
- Assist Orthopedic Surgeon in reduction of fractures.
- Instruct patient in pre and post-operative care.
- Instruct patient in proper care of cast and splints.
- Phone and chart medication and refills ordered by the physician.
- Manage physical therapy orders
- Clean and stock patient exam and treatment rooms.
- Adhere to established clinic/office policy and procedure directives
- EMR documentation