Torrance Memorial Physician Network is recruiting for a Registered Nurse
for one of the most highly acclaimed and respected oncology medical practices
in the Los Angeles area.
The medical practice has been caring for cancer patients and their families
for nearly 40 years, serving the South Bay, Palos Verdes Peninsula, Torrance,
San Pedro, and surrounding areas. The physicians are specialty board certified
in the treatment of blood disorders (hematology) and in the treatment
of cancer (oncology).
As a Registered Nurse in our infusion center, you will administer and mix
chemotherapy according to the patient treatment plan, conduct patient
assessments and develop and implement nursing care plans to foster quality
outcomes. You will have the opportunity to apply sound judgment, clinical
expertise, and execute critical nursing interventions to all patient populations
within the patient care setting.
- Carry out physician orders accurately and in a timely manner.
- Plan and administer antiemetics according to protocol.
- Asses patients and make recommendations for intervention; document all
teaching/assessment and all orders, utilize resources and referrals, practice
within the scope of practice.
- Provide patient education to patients and families related to oncology
diagnosis, including but not limited to symptom management, medications,
appointments, access devices (PICC, PAC, IV), and document teaching.
- Follow regulatory body guidelines such as OSHA, HIPPA, etc.
- Interact with patients, families, and staff in a respectful and collegial manner.